Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Slackers Never Win! Taboo Zucchini Cake

So I haven't posted anything since I created this blog....besides the banana dessert. I have decided to fix that tonight with an amazing chocolate cake recipe. Who doesn't like chocolate cake??? Well I don't know about you but I am in love with this Chocolate Zucchini cake. Hey don't scruntch your nose in fear and disgust! This cake is delicious!! If you are trying to sneak a few veggies in to a picky eater's diet I promise you this is THE way to go!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1 3/4 cups Sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup 1% buttermilk
2 cups zucchini shredded
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans


And.... This is what it looks like! Maybe I'm crazy, but I just ate a piece and it is still 
just as yummy as the first time I made it!
Hope you try this! Let me know how it is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment