Monday, March 14, 2011

Banana Dessert for one please

mmmmm... this dessert is so yummy. It also happens to be quick and easy!

  • I took one banana and sliced it at an angle about an inch thick. 
  • Melted a little butter in a skillet and sauteed the banana slices until they started to caramelize. 
  • Once the slices were browned I squeezed fresh orange juice over them and sprinkled with about a half tablespoon of sugar and a dash of salt. (This created a little glaze) 
  • I then let the bananas simmer in the glaze for about a minute or two. 
Then the best part... The tangy sauce

  • One tablespoon of sour cream (I used reduced fat)
  • Half tablespoon of brown sugar (I used dark brown light will work just as well) 
  • Dash of cinnamon 
  • Half teaspoon of fresh orange zest. 
I garnished the sauteed bananas with the tangy and refreshing cream to bring together all the flavors into a delicious dessert. 

< And this is the result! Pure Awesome! You can double or triple ...or more... the recipe! 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were making posts!! This looks really yummy! I will have to try it! :) ps-tell your mom to follow my blog too! hehe!

    ReplyDelete